RICHMOND, Va. - A new state law mandates training for people or groups conducting voter registration drives, and now, those groups can train online.
The State Board of Elections says those who complete the online training will receive a copy of their certification. The training takes about 30 minutes to complete.
People wanting to learn more about voter registration and laws in the Commonwealth can also receive the training.
The board also offers in-person training at its offices in Richmond. These training sessions are set for August 13 and 22, September 11 and 25.
Information about training opportunities is posted on the board's website, www.SBE.virginia.gov .
- Updated U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome