RICHMOND, Va. - A new state law mandates training for people or groups conducting voter registration drives, and now, those groups can train online.
The State Board of Elections says those who complete the online training will receive a copy of their certification. The training takes about 30 minutes to complete.
People wanting to learn more about voter registration and laws in the Commonwealth can also receive the training.
The board also offers in-person training at its offices in Richmond. These training sessions are set for August 13 and 22, September 11 and 25.
Information about training opportunities is posted on the board's website, www.SBE.virginia.gov .
- Updated UPDATE: ETSU issues statement on student intimidating Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New ETSU student charged with intimidation for gorilla mask act at Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Buchanan County holds highest unemployment rate in Virginia
- Senators ask Justice Department to investigate EpiPen maker