A bigger paycheck could soon be a reality for workers in Virginia.
House and Senate budgets advanced Sunday by the budget writing committees of Virginia's General Assembly.
That means state employees could be in for an average of three percent pay raise.
We're told state employees have not had a pay raise in six years. When it comes to pay raises for teachers, more than 54 million is allotted for a two-percent teacher pay raise.
But, to qualify for the money, localities would have to match the state's funding and provide another two percent pay boost of their own.
- Heavy machinery stolen in Washington County, Tenn.
- Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family