A bigger paycheck could soon be a reality for workers in Virginia.
House and Senate budgets advanced Sunday by the budget writing committees of Virginia's General Assembly.
That means state employees could be in for an average of three percent pay raise.
We're told state employees have not had a pay raise in six years. When it comes to pay raises for teachers, more than 54 million is allotted for a two-percent teacher pay raise.
But, to qualify for the money, localities would have to match the state's funding and provide another two percent pay boost of their own.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next