A bigger paycheck could soon be a reality for workers in Virginia.
House and Senate budgets advanced Sunday by the budget writing committees of Virginia's General Assembly.
That means state employees could be in for an average of three percent pay raise.
We're told state employees have not had a pay raise in six years. When it comes to pay raises for teachers, more than 54 million is allotted for a two-percent teacher pay raise.
But, to qualify for the money, localities would have to match the state's funding and provide another two percent pay boost of their own.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin