A bigger paycheck could soon be a reality for workers in Virginia.
House and Senate budgets advanced Sunday by the budget writing committees of Virginia's General Assembly.
That means state employees could be in for an average of three percent pay raise.
We're told state employees have not had a pay raise in six years. When it comes to pay raises for teachers, more than 54 million is allotted for a two-percent teacher pay raise.
But, to qualify for the money, localities would have to match the state's funding and provide another two percent pay boost of their own.
- Updated Black Lives Matter rally crasher no longer enrolled at ETSU, attorney issues statement
- Updated Kingsport police looking for quick change scammers
- New Man charged with sexually abusing 8-month-old appears in court
- New Man accused of branding wife with hot knife appears in court
- Updated Man who penned famous Oscar Mayer jingle dies in Illinois