A bigger paycheck could soon be a reality for workers in Virginia.
House and Senate budgets advanced Sunday by the budget writing committees of Virginia's General Assembly.
That means state employees could be in for an average of three percent pay raise.
We're told state employees have not had a pay raise in six years. When it comes to pay raises for teachers, more than 54 million is allotted for a two-percent teacher pay raise.
But, to qualify for the money, localities would have to match the state's funding and provide another two percent pay boost of their own.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death