With all eyes turned to the presidential debate, another debate will be happening in our area for the Ninth Congressional District in Virginia.
Democrat Anthony Flaccavento will take on the incumbent Republican Representative Morgan Griffith.
It's this Thursday evening, October 18 at 7:30 at the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center in Abingdon.
Our very own Julie Newman will be one of the reporters asking debate questions.
If you have an issue you'd like Julie to address, you can send her an email at email@example.com.
The debate is free and open to the public and is sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Washington County, Virginia.
The debate will be posted in full here on WCYB.com as well.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction