RICHMOND, Va. - Virginia wines are continuing to sell at a record-breaking pace.
Officials say Virginia wineries sold more than 511,000 cases this past fiscal year.
The previous record was nearly 485,000 sold in 2012.
In fiscal 2012, export sales jumped more than 74 percent, from about 3,300 cases to more than 5,800 cases.
Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell says new sales to China accounted for a significant portion of export sales.
Virginia received more than $1.7 million in wine liter tax revenue.
- New Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College
- New Volunteers needed to build home for family in Unicoi County
- Greene County Workhouse women's choir lifting spirits
- Official: Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
- YWCA helping girls get ready for prom