RICHMOND, Va. - Virginia wines are continuing to sell at a record-breaking pace.
Officials say Virginia wineries sold more than 511,000 cases this past fiscal year.
The previous record was nearly 485,000 sold in 2012.
In fiscal 2012, export sales jumped more than 74 percent, from about 3,300 cases to more than 5,800 cases.
Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell says new sales to China accounted for a significant portion of export sales.
Virginia received more than $1.7 million in wine liter tax revenue.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin