RICHMOND, Va. - The Commonwealth's unemployment rate is holding steady below the national average.
The Virginia Employment Commission says the February rate was 5.6 percent, which is the same as January's rate. It is also down from 5.9 percent in February 2012.
The Commission says the unemployment rate in Virginia has steadily fallen since it peaked at 7.4 percent from December 2009 until March 2010.
The Virginia rate has held below the national rate for a while. According to the U.S. Labor Department, the national unemployment rate has now fallen to a four-year low of 7.7 percent. That's just down from 7.9 percent in January.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day