MARION, Va. - A 9/11 memorial in Marion, Virginia could soon have another feature to honor those who died more than 12 years ago.
The Town of Marion wants to add two light beams to the existing steel memorial. The two lights will represent the Twin Towers, the buildings where the steel came from.
To do this, the town needs to raise $6,000. "That's what we're hoping to accomplish, to raise enough funds so we can illuminate it, have the Twin Tower beams represented. We want to do it without using any taxpayer funds," says Ken Heath with the Town of Marion.
The goal is to have this project finished by September.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend