CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. - A vigil will be held this week in Albemarle County to honor transportation employees killed in roadway work zones.
The Virginia Department of Transportation says the vigil is scheduled for 7 p.m. Wednesday at the VDOT Workers' Memorial on eastbound Interstate 64 on the east side of Afton Mountain.
Speakers include Virginia Secretary of Transportation Aubrey Layne Jr. and DRIVE SMART Virginia executive director Janet Brooking.
National Work Zone Awareness Week begins Monday. This year's theme is "Work Zone Speed: A Costly Mistake."
- New Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College
- New Volunteers needed to build home for family in Unicoi County
- Greene County Workhouse women's choir lifting spirits
- Official: Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
- YWCA helping girls get ready for prom