BLACKSBURG, Va. - The parents of two Virginia Tech students now want to take the university's president to court.
Their daughters were killed in the 2007 campus massacre. They successfully sued the state of Virginia.
They're now asking the state Supreme Court to overturn a lower court ruling dismissing President Charles Steger from the wrongful death lawsuit.
The women were among 32 faculty and students killed on April 16, 2007 in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next