BLACKSBURG, Va. - The parents of two Virginia Tech students now want to take the university's president to court.
Their daughters were killed in the 2007 campus massacre. They successfully sued the state of Virginia.
They're now asking the state Supreme Court to overturn a lower court ruling dismissing President Charles Steger from the wrongful death lawsuit.
The women were among 32 faculty and students killed on April 16, 2007 in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities