BLACKSBURG, Va. - The parents of two Virginia Tech students now want to take the university's president to court.
Their daughters were killed in the 2007 campus massacre. They successfully sued the state of Virginia.
They're now asking the state Supreme Court to overturn a lower court ruling dismissing President Charles Steger from the wrongful death lawsuit.
The women were among 32 faculty and students killed on April 16, 2007 in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.
- Updated Highway 421 to reopen Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Updated Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Report: Presidential Debate captures 80.9 million viewers
- Bluff City tagged with $25,000 fine from state for sewer violation
- Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court