BLACKSBURG, Va. - Virginia's Supreme Court reversed a jury's wrongful death verdict against the state, stemming from the massacre at Virginia Tech in April 2007.
32 students and faculty were killed during the shooting.
In the decision issued Thursday morning, the justices said the state had no duty to warn students of potential acts of the lone gunman.
In March 2012, jurors ruled the state was negligent in the deaths of two students.
- Updated Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Updated Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood
- Johnson City BOE discusses Washington County tax money plan
- Congress moves to expedite veteran disability benefit appeals