BLACKSBURG, Va. - Virginia's Supreme Court reversed a jury's wrongful death verdict against the state, stemming from the massacre at Virginia Tech in April 2007.
32 students and faculty were killed during the shooting.
In the decision issued Thursday morning, the justices said the state had no duty to warn students of potential acts of the lone gunman.
In March 2012, jurors ruled the state was negligent in the deaths of two students.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash