BLACKSBURG, Va. - Virginia's Supreme Court reversed a jury's wrongful death verdict against the state, stemming from the massacre at Virginia Tech in April 2007.
32 students and faculty were killed during the shooting.
In the decision issued Thursday morning, the justices said the state had no duty to warn students of potential acts of the lone gunman.
In March 2012, jurors ruled the state was negligent in the deaths of two students.
- New Man convicted of vehicular homicide by intoxication denied new trial
- New Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal
- Updated Live to Tell: Dragon crash victim describes ordeal
- New Paralyzed hiker finishes 2,000-plus mile journey
- Updated UPDATE: Carter County rape, incest suspect appears in court