Virginia's state-owned liquor stores had nearly $1 billion in sales last fiscal year.
A new report to state lawmakers from the Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control says the state's ABC stores had $940.1 million in sales last year. That's up from $897.6 million the year before.
The department said it made $171.7 million in profits in fiscal 2017, up about $6.9 million from fiscal 2016.
Virginia is one of more than a dozen states that manages the sale and distribution of liquor.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone
- "Wreaths Across America" underway at the Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Students helping fellow students at Science Hill High School