RICHMOND, Va. - There are just two and a half weeks until school starts in parts of southwest Virginia -- that means it's time to think about back-to-school shopping.
The good news is Virginia's annual back-to-school sales tax holiday is also right around the corner. This year it runs from Friday, August 2 through Sunday, August 4.
Here's what will be exempt from sales tax: most clothing and footwear priced at $100 or less each, and school or office supplies that cost $20 or less per item.
There is no limit to the number of items you can buy.
Follow this link to the Virginia Department of Taxation for a complete list of qualifying items.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Updated Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated New release dates for "Toy Story 4" and "Incredibles 2"
- Texas teen gets life for death of man who wouldn't buy beer