RICHMOND, Va. - There are just two and a half weeks until school starts in parts of southwest Virginia -- that means it's time to think about back-to-school shopping.
The good news is Virginia's annual back-to-school sales tax holiday is also right around the corner. This year it runs from Friday, August 2 through Sunday, August 4.
Here's what will be exempt from sales tax: most clothing and footwear priced at $100 or less each, and school or office supplies that cost $20 or less per item.
There is no limit to the number of items you can buy.
Follow this link to the Virginia Department of Taxation for a complete list of qualifying items.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project