DANVILLE, Va. - A man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for killing his mother in 1996 in Danville.
Media outlets report that 39-year-old Michael Jamie Womack was convicted of second-degree murder in November. He was sentenced Friday in Danville Circuit Court.
Womack already is serving a sentence on other charges.
Womack's mother, Loraine Bessie Womack, was fatally beaten in July 1996.
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway
- Public invited to give input on proposed hospital merger
- Mount Caramel police officer suspended on first day back to work
- Updated Voter registrars work to clarify restored voting rights
- Additional charges given to Sullivan County man charged with rape