DANVILLE, Va. - A man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for killing his mother in 1996 in Danville.
Media outlets report that 39-year-old Michael Jamie Womack was convicted of second-degree murder in November. He was sentenced Friday in Danville Circuit Court.
Womack already is serving a sentence on other charges.
Womack's mother, Loraine Bessie Womack, was fatally beaten in July 1996.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day