DANVILLE, Va. - A man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for killing his mother in 1996 in Danville.
Media outlets report that 39-year-old Michael Jamie Womack was convicted of second-degree murder in November. He was sentenced Friday in Danville Circuit Court.
Womack already is serving a sentence on other charges.
Womack's mother, Loraine Bessie Womack, was fatally beaten in July 1996.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next