There is now a new interactive service to help Virginia residents access Virginia Department of Social Services from the comfort of your own home.
Here's what we know -- Virginia governor Bob McDonnell announced the launch of Common-Help Wednesday.
It allows for Virginians to screen, apply, check on the status of applications and update or renew for public assistance benefits online.
- Updated Tennessee passes sign language bill
- Court documents: Mother had abused teen in kidnapping case
- Prosecutor: Couple laughed as they fatally shot service dog
- Johnson City authorities execute explosive entry to serve warrant
- Washington County, Va. leaders demanding more transparency from Small Business Incubator