SMITHFIELD, Va. - The Department of Game and Inland Fisheries says a Norfolk man has died while hunting in Isle of Wight County.
Reports indicate 61-year-old Kevin Stanley Beatty was found hanging from his safety harness on Friday night west of Smithfield.
Relatives had called the property owner after Beatty didn't return home.
Department spokesman Lee Walker says it appears Beatty may have been climbing down from the stand when a ladder broke.
Beatty's body has been sent to a medical examiner's office to determine the cause of death.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson