SMITHFIELD, Va. - The Department of Game and Inland Fisheries says a Norfolk man has died while hunting in Isle of Wight County.
Reports indicate 61-year-old Kevin Stanley Beatty was found hanging from his safety harness on Friday night west of Smithfield.
Relatives had called the property owner after Beatty didn't return home.
Department spokesman Lee Walker says it appears Beatty may have been climbing down from the stand when a ladder broke.
Beatty's body has been sent to a medical examiner's office to determine the cause of death.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project