SMITHFIELD, Va. - The Department of Game and Inland Fisheries says a Norfolk man has died while hunting in Isle of Wight County.
Reports indicate 61-year-old Kevin Stanley Beatty was found hanging from his safety harness on Friday night west of Smithfield.
Relatives had called the property owner after Beatty didn't return home.
Department spokesman Lee Walker says it appears Beatty may have been climbing down from the stand when a ladder broke.
Beatty's body has been sent to a medical examiner's office to determine the cause of death.
- Updated Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Updated Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Updated Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome
- Updated Tropical Storm Hermine forms in the Gulf of Mexico
- New Trio accused of murder, burning body appear in court