SMITHFIELD, Va. - The Department of Game and Inland Fisheries says a Norfolk man has died while hunting in Isle of Wight County.
Reports indicate 61-year-old Kevin Stanley Beatty was found hanging from his safety harness on Friday night west of Smithfield.
Relatives had called the property owner after Beatty didn't return home.
Department spokesman Lee Walker says it appears Beatty may have been climbing down from the stand when a ladder broke.
Beatty's body has been sent to a medical examiner's office to determine the cause of death.
- Updated Ex-coal CEO asks high court to his overturn his conviction
- New Ariana Grande returning to Manchester for benefit show
- New 44 hits found in DNA testing of Virginia's backlogged rape evidence
- KISS concert in Manchester canceled after terrorist attacks
- Tennessee governor signs NRA-backed metal detector gun bill