SMITHFIELD, Va. - The Department of Game and Inland Fisheries says a Norfolk man has died while hunting in Isle of Wight County.
Reports indicate 61-year-old Kevin Stanley Beatty was found hanging from his safety harness on Friday night west of Smithfield.
Relatives had called the property owner after Beatty didn't return home.
Department spokesman Lee Walker says it appears Beatty may have been climbing down from the stand when a ladder broke.
Beatty's body has been sent to a medical examiner's office to determine the cause of death.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City