RICHMOND, Va. - The Virginia Historical Society is working to raise $38 million for capital projects, programs and an endowment.
The society says more than $30 million already has been committed to the Story of Virginia Campaign as of Saturday. The society is beginning the campaign's public phase.
The society wants to raise $20 million for capital projects, $8 million for programs and $10 million for an endowment to sustain the group into the future.
Programs will include more online content and processing and cataloguing projects.
Capital projects include renovation of all public space on the main level of the society's facility.
- Updated Update on Proposed Methadone Clinic for Gray
- Washington County, Virginia man charged with rape of child
- EPA, USDA announces initiative to help bring broadband service to Erwin
- Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Major decision expected Wednesday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic