RICHMOND, Va. - The Virginia Historical Society is working to raise $38 million for capital projects, programs and an endowment.
The society says more than $30 million already has been committed to the Story of Virginia Campaign as of Saturday. The society is beginning the campaign's public phase.
The society wants to raise $20 million for capital projects, $8 million for programs and $10 million for an endowment to sustain the group into the future.
Programs will include more online content and processing and cataloguing projects.
Capital projects include renovation of all public space on the main level of the society's facility.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death