RICHMOND, Va. - The Virginia Historical Society is working to raise $38 million for capital projects, programs and an endowment.
The society says more than $30 million already has been committed to the Story of Virginia Campaign as of Saturday. The society is beginning the campaign's public phase.
The society wants to raise $20 million for capital projects, $8 million for programs and $10 million for an endowment to sustain the group into the future.
Programs will include more online content and processing and cataloguing projects.
Capital projects include renovation of all public space on the main level of the society's facility.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City