A 20-person crew of wild-land firefighters from the Virginia Department of Forestry is on its way to Salt Lake City, Utah, to help fight wildfires burning in the west.
The crew of 18 men and two women will travel to Salt Lake City and then be dispatched to one of the many wildfires burning in the region.
The task is very dangerous due to the high winds and low humidity, but the Department of Forestry says the firefighters are well-trained and prepared for the challenge.
The crew is expected to be out west for at least two weeks.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone