A 20-person crew of wild-land firefighters from the Virginia Department of Forestry is on its way to Salt Lake City, Utah, to help fight wildfires burning in the west.
The crew of 18 men and two women will travel to Salt Lake City and then be dispatched to one of the many wildfires burning in the region.
The task is very dangerous due to the high winds and low humidity, but the Department of Forestry says the firefighters are well-trained and prepared for the challenge.
The crew is expected to be out west for at least two weeks.
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program