There is some good news if you are planning on hitting the road this upcoming Labor Day weekend -- the Virginia Department of Transportation says it's removing road blocks to make your travel a little smoother.
VDOT says from noon Friday until noon Tuesday, September 3, most road work will be suspended and lane closures lifted on most interstates.
By suspending work, VDOT says it will be eliminating possible traffic back-ups during the busy holiday travel weekend.
VDOT also encourages drivers to dial 511 for up-to-the-minute information on traffic accidents and congestion.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- New Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon
- Johnson City man arrested after dangerous police chase in busy traffic