There is some good news if you are planning on hitting the road this upcoming Labor Day weekend -- the Virginia Department of Transportation says it's removing road blocks to make your travel a little smoother.
VDOT says from noon Friday until noon Tuesday, September 3, most road work will be suspended and lane closures lifted on most interstates.
By suspending work, VDOT says it will be eliminating possible traffic back-ups during the busy holiday travel weekend.
VDOT also encourages drivers to dial 511 for up-to-the-minute information on traffic accidents and congestion.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin