Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell announced a new Virginia export Wednesday. A Virginia producer will supply soybeans used to make breakfast food in Japan.
Governor McDonnell says the agreement is between Montague Farms in Center Cross and Tokyo's Sun-Tommy International. Montague farms has contracted with other growers for more than 15,000 acres of field crops.
As part of the agreement, the soybeans must meet strict standards and also must not be genetically modified.
Financial details of the agreement have not been released.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane