Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell announced a new Virginia export Wednesday. A Virginia producer will supply soybeans used to make breakfast food in Japan.
Governor McDonnell says the agreement is between Montague Farms in Center Cross and Tokyo's Sun-Tommy International. Montague farms has contracted with other growers for more than 15,000 acres of field crops.
As part of the agreement, the soybeans must meet strict standards and also must not be genetically modified.
Financial details of the agreement have not been released.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial