Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell announced a new Virginia export Wednesday. A Virginia producer will supply soybeans used to make breakfast food in Japan.
Governor McDonnell says the agreement is between Montague Farms in Center Cross and Tokyo's Sun-Tommy International. Montague farms has contracted with other growers for more than 15,000 acres of field crops.
As part of the agreement, the soybeans must meet strict standards and also must not be genetically modified.
Financial details of the agreement have not been released.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting