Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell announced a new Virginia export Wednesday. A Virginia producer will supply soybeans used to make breakfast food in Japan.
Governor McDonnell says the agreement is between Montague Farms in Center Cross and Tokyo's Sun-Tommy International. Montague farms has contracted with other growers for more than 15,000 acres of field crops.
As part of the agreement, the soybeans must meet strict standards and also must not be genetically modified.
Financial details of the agreement have not been released.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Updated Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Texas teen gets life for death of man who wouldn't buy beer
- Over 30 drug-related arrests made in ‘Operation Autumn Harvest'