The cost to attend Virginia's colleges and universities continues to go up, but experts say it appears to be leveling off.
The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia says the average increase in tuition and other mandatory fees at public colleges and universities this year was 5.1%.
That's slightly higher than last year's average of 4.5 percent. Officials say the leveling off can be attributed to additional state contributions to higher education.
This year, lawmakers designated an additional $25.1 million for public colleges and universities.
- New Wise County authorities search for missing woman
- Updated Governor Terry McAuliffe visits health care clinic
- New Former NASCAR driver Stewart stopped by Illinois trooper
- New Tennessee, Virginia among 46 states to share in Target data breach settlement
- Two men publicly caned in Indonesia for having gay sex