RICHMOND, Va. - A member of Gov. Bob McDonnell's cabinet has disclosed gifts from the head of a troubled tobacco products and nutritional supplements manufacturer.
Secretary of the Commonwealth Janet Vestal Kelly reported travel gifts valued at $2,400 from Star Scientific Inc. CEO Jonnie R. Williams Sr. His gifts to McDonnell, the governor's family and Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli have come under scrutiny in recent weeks.
The Richmond Times-Dispatch (http://bit.ly/15k0QNk) reports that Kelly reported the gifts a little more than two weeks ago as part of a series of amendments to financial interest statements by the governor's Cabinet and staff following public revelations of Williams' gifts to public officials.
The newspaper said Kelly's amended disclosure appears to be the first involving a gift from Williams to a member of McDonnell's Cabinet.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment