To help battle the looming federal fiscal crisis and a lagging recovery, Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell has ordered state agencies to cut budgets by four percent.
McDonnell cited the so-called "fiscal cliff" and worries Congress won't agree on debt reduction in time to avert deep, across-the-board cuts that would begin January 1.
He is calling for the agencies to begin plans for the cuts immediately.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project