To help battle the looming federal fiscal crisis and a lagging recovery, Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell has ordered state agencies to cut budgets by four percent.
McDonnell cited the so-called "fiscal cliff" and worries Congress won't agree on debt reduction in time to avert deep, across-the-board cuts that would begin January 1.
He is calling for the agencies to begin plans for the cuts immediately.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial