BRISTOL, Va. - Virginia Attorney General and Republican Gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli made a campaign stop in Bristol this week and coal was a hot topic.
Cuccinelli laid out his energy plan for the Commonwealth.
He says energy hits right at the heart of the economy. We asked the Attorney General about coal tax credits.
We learned an economic plan was recently rolled out where all tax credits are on the table to help pay for tax cuts. "I would expect to see a trade-off of a reduction in the business taxes, the tax rate for everybody which is most fair while seeing tax credits get eliminated," added Cuccinelli.
Cuccinelli will square off against Democratic candidate Terry McAuliffe in November.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin