NORFOLK, VA - Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe declared a state of emergency in preparation for the massive snow storm hitting the area. National Guard troops have been placed around the commonwealth, in case conditions become severe, to assist in management of emergency actions.
On how this will affect the area Director of Emergency Management, Pokey Harris, for Washington County Virginia said, "Before we call in state assets or resources, is that we've exhausted everything locally. Right now, we're good. We're just in a state of situational awareness. We're monitoring the event so we can stay proactive instead of reactive."
Harris also said for non-emergency issues people should not call 911. She also recommended that if you must travel to have an emergency kit in your car.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game