According to the Associated Press, Virginia Commonwealth University has received a $5 million contribution to their medical center's Pauley Heart Center.
The center plans on matching the donation that came from the Pauley Family Foundation with funds from the VCU Glasgow Endowment.
The Glasgow Endowment also has plans to match a fundraising campaign of $5 million. That fundraiser is scheduled to take place on Tuesday.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death