RICHMOND, Va. - $53,000 -- that's how much Virginia taxpayers owe a private law firm after an investigation into Governor Bob McDonnell.
A Richmond, Virginia law firm sent two invoices in June to the republican governor's office for the more than three-month long inquiry.
The inquiry looked into gifts McDonnell's family received from Star Scientific CEO Jonnie Williams. The investigation ultimately cleared the governor of violating state law.
The bills represent a combined 225 and a half hours of work by the lawyers from April 26 through May 31.
- Updated UPDATE: Kingsport Police arrest murder suspect
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody