RICHMOND, Va. - $53,000 -- that's how much Virginia taxpayers owe a private law firm after an investigation into Governor Bob McDonnell.
A Richmond, Virginia law firm sent two invoices in June to the republican governor's office for the more than three-month long inquiry.
The inquiry looked into gifts McDonnell's family received from Star Scientific CEO Jonnie Williams. The investigation ultimately cleared the governor of violating state law.
The bills represent a combined 225 and a half hours of work by the lawyers from April 26 through May 31.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City