BATH COUNTY, Va. - A Virginia State Senator and former candidate for governor is in the hospital after Virginia State Police say he was stabbed.
According to WSLS, the NBC affiliate in Roanoke, Creigh Deeds was stabbed Tuesday morning at his home in Bath County.
Police say a second person at the home is dead. WSLS also reports that Deed's son, Gus, was fatally shot during the incident.
Police say Deeds was flown to the University of Virginia in Charlottesville where he is being treated. They say his injuries are serious.
There is a news conference on the incident scheduled for noon Tuesday.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect