BATH COUNTY, Va. - A Virginia State Senator and former candidate for governor is in the hospital after Virginia State Police say he was stabbed.
According to WSLS, the NBC affiliate in Roanoke, Creigh Deeds was stabbed Tuesday morning at his home in Bath County.
Police say a second person at the home is dead. WSLS also reports that Deed's son, Gus, was fatally shot during the incident.
Police say Deeds was flown to the University of Virginia in Charlottesville where he is being treated. They say his injuries are serious.
There is a news conference on the incident scheduled for noon Tuesday.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin