BATH COUNTY, Va. - A Virginia State Senator and former candidate for governor is in the hospital after Virginia State Police say he was stabbed.
According to WSLS, the NBC affiliate in Roanoke, Creigh Deeds was stabbed Tuesday morning at his home in Bath County.
Police say a second person at the home is dead. WSLS also reports that Deed's son, Gus, was fatally shot during the incident.
Police say Deeds was flown to the University of Virginia in Charlottesville where he is being treated. They say his injuries are serious.
There is a news conference on the incident scheduled for noon Tuesday.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend