BATH COUNTY, Va. - A Virginia State Senator and former candidate for governor is in the hospital after Virginia State Police say he was stabbed.
According to WSLS, the NBC affiliate in Roanoke, Creigh Deeds was stabbed Tuesday morning at his home in Bath County.
Police say a second person at the home is dead. WSLS also reports that Deed's son, Gus, was fatally shot during the incident.
Police say Deeds was flown to the University of Virginia in Charlottesville where he is being treated. They say his injuries are serious.
There is a news conference on the incident scheduled for noon Tuesday.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial