Virginia law enforcement officers will soon be better prepared to respond to emergency situations involving people with mental illness.
The Commonwealth is spending about 3.5-million dollars of its share of a national Medicaid fraud settlement on the training.
About 800-thousand will go to training conducted by The State Department of Criminal Justice Services.
The other 2.7-million will go to 19 local agencies.
The money comes from a 115-million dollar settlement for leading the investigation against Abbot Laboratories last year.
This training is the first project approved.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Battle at Bristol 2? Speedway Motorsports won't rule it out
- Updated Virginia settles with Hyundai/Kia in multi-state suit
- Updated King University to suspend admissions to nursing program, close Nashville-area campus