Virginia law enforcement officers will soon be better prepared to respond to emergency situations involving people with mental illness.
The Commonwealth is spending about 3.5-million dollars of its share of a national Medicaid fraud settlement on the training.
About 800-thousand will go to training conducted by The State Department of Criminal Justice Services.
The other 2.7-million will go to 19 local agencies.
The money comes from a 115-million dollar settlement for leading the investigation against Abbot Laboratories last year.
This training is the first project approved.
- New Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Authorities searching for missing Russell County woman
- Major decision expected Monday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims