RICHMOND, Va. - The Virginia House of Delegates has tossed out two of Governor Terry McAuliffe's line-item budget vetoes.
One plan rejected was a Republican-backed amendment that keeps the governor from expanding Medicaid without lawmaker approval.
The house also voted to override McAuliffe's veto of funding for a new ethics commission. The senate could vote on that plan any time now.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash