RICHMOND, Va. - The Virginia House of Delegates has tossed out two of Governor Terry McAuliffe's line-item budget vetoes.
One plan rejected was a Republican-backed amendment that keeps the governor from expanding Medicaid without lawmaker approval.
The house also voted to override McAuliffe's veto of funding for a new ethics commission. The senate could vote on that plan any time now.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend