RICHMOND, Va. - The Virginia House of Delegates has tossed out two of Governor Terry McAuliffe's line-item budget vetoes.
One plan rejected was a Republican-backed amendment that keeps the governor from expanding Medicaid without lawmaker approval.
The house also voted to override McAuliffe's veto of funding for a new ethics commission. The senate could vote on that plan any time now.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities