RICHMOND, Va. - The Virginia House of Delegates has tossed out two of Governor Terry McAuliffe's line-item budget vetoes.
One plan rejected was a Republican-backed amendment that keeps the governor from expanding Medicaid without lawmaker approval.
The house also voted to override McAuliffe's veto of funding for a new ethics commission. The senate could vote on that plan any time now.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue