RICHMOND, Va. - The Virginia House of Delegates has tossed out two of Governor Terry McAuliffe's line-item budget vetoes.
One plan rejected was a Republican-backed amendment that keeps the governor from expanding Medicaid without lawmaker approval.
The house also voted to override McAuliffe's veto of funding for a new ethics commission. The senate could vote on that plan any time now.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway