Tazewell County Commonwealth Attorney Michael Dennis released a statement Thursday identifying a bicyclist killed in a morning hit-and-run crash.
David Earl Christensen, 54, of Burley, Idaho, was struck from behind while riding his bike on northbound Route 19 in Wardell. Dennis said he was cycling through Virginia to meet his wife in Charlottesville. The driver of the vehicle then fled the scene.
Dennis also said a preliminary investigation revealed the suspect vehicle is a Ford F250 truck or similar heavy duty pickup. "This vehicle should exhibit noticeable damage to the front, passenger side of the vehicle and possible damage to other areas of the vehicle," the report said.
Anyone with information on this crash can call the Virginia State Police at (276) 228-3131.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death