U.S. Senate candidate, Ed Gillespie, will be making an appearance in Abingdon, Virginia on Sunday.
The former presidential adviser and lobbyist won the Republican nomination for the state party convention on Saturday. He will square off against Democratic Senator Mark Warner in November.
Sunday's stop in Abingdon is part of his statewide "Economic Growth" tour. After more than 10 stops across The Commonwealth, he will launch his general election campaign.
Gillespie is a former adviser to President George W. Bush and former Republican National Committee Chairman.
- Updated UPDATE: Kingsport Police arrest murder suspect
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody