U.S. Senate candidate, Ed Gillespie, will be making an appearance in Abingdon, Virginia on Sunday.
The former presidential adviser and lobbyist won the Republican nomination for the state party convention on Saturday. He will square off against Democratic Senator Mark Warner in November.
Sunday's stop in Abingdon is part of his statewide "Economic Growth" tour. After more than 10 stops across The Commonwealth, he will launch his general election campaign.
Gillespie is a former adviser to President George W. Bush and former Republican National Committee Chairman.
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough