U.S. Senate candidate, Ed Gillespie, will be making an appearance in Abingdon, Virginia on Sunday.
The former presidential adviser and lobbyist won the Republican nomination for the state party convention on Saturday. He will square off against Democratic Senator Mark Warner in November.
Sunday's stop in Abingdon is part of his statewide "Economic Growth" tour. After more than 10 stops across The Commonwealth, he will launch his general election campaign.
Gillespie is a former adviser to President George W. Bush and former Republican National Committee Chairman.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport