WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - We're told two 'shake and bake' labs were discovered Saturday afternoon.
Washington County, Virginia Sheriff Fred Newman tells us crews were called to the Red Carpet Inn on Lee Highway in Bristol.
Sheriff Newman says someone called about an odor coming from the room and police discovered two meth labs.
Newman tells News 5 deputies arrested 31-year-old Robert Dean Riley and 36-year-old Tara Gwyn Rosenbaum.
Both are charged with two counts of manufacturing meth, one count each of conspiracy to manufacture and possession of meth and one count of possession of meth precursor.
Sheriff Newman says they seized two 'shake and bake' meth labs.
Newman also says both Riley and Rosenbaum were living at the motel.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities