WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police say a tractor trailer fire slowed traffic on Interstate 81 in Virginia.
It happened just before 7:30 a.m. Sunday on the northbound side of Interstate 81 near mile marker 29.
VSP tells News 5 traffic was backed up for several miles. One lane of traffic was open and officers expected to have both lanes open before noon.
We're told the truck was carrying plastic. The fire was contained to inside the cab, but police say the truck was a total loss.
No one was hurt. Virginia State Police say charges are not expected in the accident.
Due to heavy traffic from Bristol Motor Speedway, police say the truck was not towed away until after later that evening.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game