WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police say a tractor trailer fire slowed traffic on Interstate 81 in Virginia.
It happened just before 7:30 a.m. Sunday on the northbound side of Interstate 81 near mile marker 29.
VSP tells News 5 traffic was backed up for several miles. One lane of traffic was open and officers expected to have both lanes open before noon.
We're told the truck was carrying plastic. The fire was contained to inside the cab, but police say the truck was a total loss.
No one was hurt. Virginia State Police say charges are not expected in the accident.
Due to heavy traffic from Bristol Motor Speedway, police say the truck was not towed away until after later that evening.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment