DANVILLE, Va. - The clock is ticking for the winner of a $250,000 Virginia lottery ticket to claim the prize.
The lottery says someone bought the winning Mega Millions ticket for the Sept. 11 drawing at a Fas Mart in Danville.
The winner has until March 11 to come forward or the prize money will go to the state Literary Fund, which is used to help fund schools.
The winning numbers were 5-11-20-33-36, and the Mega Ball number was 11. The ticket matched the first five numbers and missed only the Mega Ball number.
The person who has that ticket should contact the Virginia Lottery immediately at 804-692-7000 or 434-392-7294
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death