GREENVILLE, SC - The young boy who lost his leg in a lawn mower accident on Mother's Day is now being fitted for a prosthetic leg.
Three -year-old Brayden Altmann lost his leg after he was accidentally run over by a lawn mower in Abingdon, Virginia.
His mother told News 5 that doctors saw him today at Shriner's Children Hospital in Greenville, South Carolina.
She says his leg is healed enough for him to be fitted for a prosthetic leg as soon as the sleeve comes in.
Brayden should be walking in 4 to 6 weeks.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator