VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - A 16-year-old runner has died after she completed a half-marathon in Virginia Beach.
Virginia Emergency Medical Services chief Ed Brazle tells media outlets that the 16-year-old girl was from the Richmond area.
Brazle says the teenager went to a first aid tent after finishing the Shamrock Half-Marathon on Sunday. She fell unconscious and was taken to a hospital, where she died.
Her name hasn't been released. No other details were immediately available.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial