VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - A 16-year-old runner has died after she completed a half-marathon in Virginia Beach.
Virginia Emergency Medical Services chief Ed Brazle tells media outlets that the 16-year-old girl was from the Richmond area.
Brazle says the teenager went to a first aid tent after finishing the Shamrock Half-Marathon on Sunday. She fell unconscious and was taken to a hospital, where she died.
Her name hasn't been released. No other details were immediately available.
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School
- Healthcare insurance rates to spike in 2017