An 18-year-old Radford University student has been arrested and charged following a stabbing incident involving three fellow students.
Elijah Nichols of Roanoke is charged with aggravated malicious wounding and was taken into custody by city police officers on campus. Investigators said the incident happened just before 11 p.m. Thursday in the 1300 block of Lawrence Street.
Vice President for University Relations and Chief Communications Officer at Radford University, Joe Carpenter, told our sister station WSET that two of the victims are still in the hospital with serious injuries, but in good condition. He also noted that no criminal activity has been reported on campus in connection with the incident.
- Smyth County animal shelter temporarily shutting down
- Kingsport Police arrest man wanted in multiple cities
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone