TAZWELL, Va. - Police in Tazewell, Virginia have made an arrest in a drug investigation spanning eight months and two continents.
The Tazewell Police Department said they arrested David Rudolph Taylor and charged him with possession with intent to distribute schedule I/II narcotics.
Lt. Jeffery White said they got a tip from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security earlier this week that a package had been seized in Alaska containing $12,000 worth of bath salts.
Police said the package was sent from China and addressed to Taylor.
Taylor was arrested at his home earlier this week
Tazewell police said they believe Taylor was running an illegal drug enterprise and his arrest will make a big impact on the sale of bath salts in the region.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake