CHESAPEAKE, Va. - A lawsuit stemming from the death of a pregnant Newport News woman in a traffic accident has been settled for more than $3 million.
Police say 27-year-old Crystal Burgsteiner was killed when a tractor-trailer hit her broken down car on Interstate 664 in Chesapeake. The accident occurred on June 14, 2012.
Burgsteiner's family sued the tractor-trailer's driver, Christopher L. Johnson, and Vitran Express Inc. in Norfolk Circuit Court.
Reports indicate that the lawsuit was settled recently.
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- Updated Youth leaders in Bristol learn about tolerance
- Updated Grand jury set to hear case of man accused of sexual assault