CHESAPEAKE, Va. - A lawsuit stemming from the death of a pregnant Newport News woman in a traffic accident has been settled for more than $3 million.
Police say 27-year-old Crystal Burgsteiner was killed when a tractor-trailer hit her broken down car on Interstate 664 in Chesapeake. The accident occurred on June 14, 2012.
Burgsteiner's family sued the tractor-trailer's driver, Christopher L. Johnson, and Vitran Express Inc. in Norfolk Circuit Court.
Reports indicate that the lawsuit was settled recently.
- New Pedestrian killed trying to cross interstate in Asheville
- Trial date set for Sullivan County man charged with child sex crimes
- Man sentenced after trying to bring meth to Lee County inmates
- Supreme Court may strike law barring sex offenders from social media
- Updated Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN