CHESAPEAKE, Va. - A lawsuit stemming from the death of a pregnant Newport News woman in a traffic accident has been settled for more than $3 million.
Police say 27-year-old Crystal Burgsteiner was killed when a tractor-trailer hit her broken down car on Interstate 664 in Chesapeake. The accident occurred on June 14, 2012.
Burgsteiner's family sued the tractor-trailer's driver, Christopher L. Johnson, and Vitran Express Inc. in Norfolk Circuit Court.
Reports indicate that the lawsuit was settled recently.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New Southwest VA school gets national recognition
- New Vance Middle School receives big honor
- New Joe Lasher Jr. playing benefit concert for Second Harvest