CHESAPEAKE, Va. - A lawsuit stemming from the death of a pregnant Newport News woman in a traffic accident has been settled for more than $3 million.
Police say 27-year-old Crystal Burgsteiner was killed when a tractor-trailer hit her broken down car on Interstate 664 in Chesapeake. The accident occurred on June 14, 2012.
Burgsteiner's family sued the tractor-trailer's driver, Christopher L. Johnson, and Vitran Express Inc. in Norfolk Circuit Court.
Reports indicate that the lawsuit was settled recently.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport