A new study, conducted by the Kaiser Family Foundation, finds about 518,000 Virginia residents will be eligible for tax credits under the new health care reform law, if they buy coverage through the health insurance marketplace.
According to the study, only eight states will have more residents able to get those tax credits than Virginia. Nationally, an estimated 17 million people will be eligible for the credits.
To qualify, a family of four must earn between $23,550 and $94,200 a year. They also must not be eligible for affordable coverage from an employer. or from Medicaid or Medicare.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone