A new study, conducted by the Kaiser Family Foundation, finds about 518,000 Virginia residents will be eligible for tax credits under the new health care reform law, if they buy coverage through the health insurance marketplace.
According to the study, only eight states will have more residents able to get those tax credits than Virginia. Nationally, an estimated 17 million people will be eligible for the credits.
To qualify, a family of four must earn between $23,550 and $94,200 a year. They also must not be eligible for affordable coverage from an employer. or from Medicaid or Medicare.
- Death toll from Sevier County wildfires increases to 14
- Updated Comptroller critical of Washington County, TN Sheriff's Office
- Kingsport man wanted for violent attack on female victim and cat
- Police searching for man suspected in 2 Kingsport burglaries
- Police: Fake news story led gunman to popular DC pizzeria