LEBANON, Virginia - There is a new, stronger coal alliance coming to Virginia.
We have confirmed that three coal advocacy groups are merging to form The Virginia Coal and Energy Alliance.
The merger will combine three existing groups; The Virginia Coal Association, The Eastern Coal Council, and The Virginia Mining Association. It's an effort to address issues they see facing the industry.
The new organization will be headquartered in Lebanon, Virginia.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University