LEBANON, Virginia - There is a new, stronger coal alliance coming to Virginia.
We have confirmed that three coal advocacy groups are merging to form The Virginia Coal and Energy Alliance.
The merger will combine three existing groups; The Virginia Coal Association, The Eastern Coal Council, and The Virginia Mining Association. It's an effort to address issues they see facing the industry.
The new organization will be headquartered in Lebanon, Virginia.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial