Authorities say a 60-year-old man died when his drag racing car crashed at a Maryland raceway on Sunday.
The St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office identified the driver as Thomas Albert Dunford of Tazewell, Virginia.
Officials say Dunford was participating in a race at the Maryland International Raceway on Sunday when he apparently failed to activate his breaks or parachute. The sheriff's office says Dunford's car traveled through the sandpit, water barrels and into the trees at the end of the track.
The sheriff's office says Dunford was pronounced dead the scene.
- Former Ball employees 'cautiously optimistic' of new textile plant
- State parks hosting "First Day Hikes"
- UPDATE: Judge rules Azotea's murder confession admissible in jury trial
- UPDATE: Donald Trump Jr. denies Hawkins County, Tennessee land offer
- Good Samaritan Ministries still need sponors for 500 people in need this holiday season