Final changes for Virginia's SNAP program, formerly known as food stamps, took effect Monday.
The change implemented a staggered benefit payment schedule. The new process will expand the number of times benefits will be issued to four times a month.
The benefit dates will be based on the last digit in the household's case number.
Case numbers ending in zero through 3 will be on the first day of the month.
Numbers ending in 4 or 5 will the fourth day of the month.
Numbers ending in a 6 or 7 will be the seventh of the month, and numbers ending in an 8 or 9 will be on the ninth.
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all
- Tennessee voters encouraged to vote early