ABINGDON, Va. - Breaking news at this hour out of Abingdon -- verdicts have been returned in a federal trial involving the Saltville Rescue Squad.
We're told Eddie Louthian, Sr. was convicted on conspiracy to commit healthcare fraud, one count of healthcare fraud, four counts of making false statements and one count of making a false statement to a grand jury.
The Saltville Rescue Squad was found not guilty of all counts against it.
Prosecutors said in August 2012 that Louthian and another squad member fraudulently billed insurance companies more than $2.5 million during a 10-month period. The other squad member, Monica Jane Hicks, pleaded guilty to healthcare fraud in June 2012.
We'll have more information on this breaking story later today on News 5 and on wcyb.com.
- New Wise County authorities search for missing woman
- Updated Governor Terry McAuliffe visits health care clinic
- New Former NASCAR driver Stewart stopped by Illinois trooper
- New Tennessee, Virginia among 46 states to share in Target data breach settlement
- Two men publicly caned in Indonesia for having gay sex