SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - UPDATE 5:45 p.m.: We've just learned an arrest has been made in the armed robbery we told you about earlier today.
Smyth County deputies arrested 22-year-old Joshua Simons of Rural Retreat, Virginia. Simons is accused of walking into Shirley's Market in Sugar Grove with a gun and demanding money, then leaving with the cash.
Deputies are crediting tips from viewers for the capture.
Simons is charged with armed robbery and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Smyth County, Virginia authorities are searching for a suspect they say used a gun to rob a store in Sugar Grove.
It happened around 9:30 Thursday night at Shirley's Market.
According to the Sheriff's Office, the man went in with a gun and demanded money from the register. He got away with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Investigators tell us the suspect appeared to be in his mid-twenties with dark hair and facial hair. He was last seen wearing a dark sweatshirt, jeans and a camouflage hat.
He left the store in a dark-colored convertible. If you have any information please call the Smyth County, Virginia Sheriff's Office at 276-782-4056.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment