SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - UPDATE 5:45 p.m.: We've just learned an arrest has been made in the armed robbery we told you about earlier today.
Smyth County deputies arrested 22-year-old Joshua Simons of Rural Retreat, Virginia. Simons is accused of walking into Shirley's Market in Sugar Grove with a gun and demanding money, then leaving with the cash.
Deputies are crediting tips from viewers for the capture.
Simons is charged with armed robbery and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Smyth County, Virginia authorities are searching for a suspect they say used a gun to rob a store in Sugar Grove.
It happened around 9:30 Thursday night at Shirley's Market.
According to the Sheriff's Office, the man went in with a gun and demanded money from the register. He got away with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Investigators tell us the suspect appeared to be in his mid-twenties with dark hair and facial hair. He was last seen wearing a dark sweatshirt, jeans and a camouflage hat.
He left the store in a dark-colored convertible. If you have any information please call the Smyth County, Virginia Sheriff's Office at 276-782-4056.
- New UPDATE: Keene sentenced to 60 years
- Convicted cop killer lingering on death row, costly to taxpayers
- Bristol, Va., woman charged with malicious wounding
- Man convicted of vehicular homicide by intoxication denied new trial
- Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal