Sheriff Chip Shuler announced Friday a $500 reward has been offered for information that leads to the capture and conviction of a suspect who stole cash from a Smyth County campground.
The person dressed in dark clothing that included a hooded sweatshirt entered the office of Interstate Campground located in the Seven Mile Ford community off Exit 39 just after 1:30 p.m. Thursday.
The sheriff said a slight altercation occurred between the store owner and the suspect before the suspect popped open the cash register and the fled the scene on foot with an undetermined amount of cash. No injuries were reported.
A K-9 officer was able to find items used in the robbery located a short distance from the store.
Anyone with information on the case can call (276) 782-4056 or (276) 783-7204.
- It's coach #3 for David Crockett as Musket Bowl approaches
- Johnson City girl's message in a bottle makes landfall in Florida
- Toddler killed, mother injured in Greene Co. SUV crash
- Carter county proposal: regulating appearance of public and private property
- NC teen football player in medically induced coma after injury