Two people have been arrested after instruments police said were stolen from a Smyth County, Virginia church were recovered at an area pawn shop.
Sheriff Chip Shuler said Tuesday that Jeremy Adam Chapman, 31, of Saltville, and Dana Christine Burke, 23, of Meadowview, are charged with breaking and entering, grand larceny and conspiracy to commit larceny.
Deputies first started investigating the break in at Buckeye Hollow Free Pentecostal Holiness Church in Saltville on January 28. A check of local pawn shops resulted in four guitars taken from the church being recovered and Chapman and Burke being identified as suspects, Shuler said.
Both suspects were released after posting bond.
- New Homes with a heart: local United Way initiative offers shelter for families in need
- New Parents urged to take a look at "Trouble in Toyland" report before Christmas shopping
- Mosheim's Blue Springs Lutheran Church added to National Register of Historical Places
- Derailed coal train had Michigan utility plant destination
- The legacy of Farm and Fun Time