SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - The Town of Marion was busy celebrating Memorial Day on Monday.
Dozens of people lined the street for the annual Memorial Day parade. Groups from all over Smyth County participated.
There were reenactors, bands, children learning the importance of Memorial Day, along with other organizations.
Many were holding American flags during the parade.
We spoke with one man who tells us he was happy to see such a large crowd out honoring our veterans and their families. "They gave all they gave what we haven't so it means the world to them and to the town and everything to show the support," says Jarid Reedy.
Our own Rebecca Pepin also participated in the parade she was riding on the Town of Marion's float.
- Updated Bristol, Virginia scraps waterfall plan at the Falls
- New Kingsport hosts national gymnastics championship
- Updated Man and woman charged with attempted murder, kidnapping now on most wanted list
- Tennessee governor taking business recruiting trip to Europe
- Senate OKs bill to expand N. Carolina's 'revenge porn' law