SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - The Town of Marion was busy celebrating Memorial Day on Monday.
Dozens of people lined the street for the annual Memorial Day parade. Groups from all over Smyth County participated.
There were reenactors, bands, children learning the importance of Memorial Day, along with other organizations.
Many were holding American flags during the parade.
We spoke with one man who tells us he was happy to see such a large crowd out honoring our veterans and their families. "They gave all they gave what we haven't so it means the world to them and to the town and everything to show the support," says Jarid Reedy.
Our own Rebecca Pepin also participated in the parade she was riding on the Town of Marion's float.
- Sheriff: Social media rumors concerning Northwood High School being investigated
- Gone without a trace, Honaker man missing for a week
- Bogus Bills Bust: Washington County TN nab another counterfeit cash criminal
- Local healthcare leaders, educators discuss upcoming changes to Affordable Care Act
- For Weston: 'Feed the Fire' honors Kingsport boy's dream