SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police are on the scene of a head-on crash on Highway 107 between Chilhowie and Saltville.
They say it happened near the landfill sometime around 6:30 Monday morning.
According to Lieutenant J.E. Murphy with Virginia State Police, both drivers were flown to Bristol Regional Medical Center with life-threatening injuries. He says he wasn't sure who crossed the center line just yet and that alcohol was not a factor.
State police dispatchers tell us crews will likely be on the scene for a while this morning.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction