SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police are on the scene of a head-on crash on Highway 107 between Chilhowie and Saltville.
They say it happened near the landfill sometime around 6:30 Monday morning.
According to Lieutenant J.E. Murphy with Virginia State Police, both drivers were flown to Bristol Regional Medical Center with life-threatening injuries. He says he wasn't sure who crossed the center line just yet and that alcohol was not a factor.
State police dispatchers tell us crews will likely be on the scene for a while this morning.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend