SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police are on the scene of a head-on crash on Highway 107 between Chilhowie and Saltville.
They say it happened near the landfill sometime around 6:30 Monday morning.
According to Lieutenant J.E. Murphy with Virginia State Police, both drivers were flown to Bristol Regional Medical Center with life-threatening injuries. He says he wasn't sure who crossed the center line just yet and that alcohol was not a factor.
State police dispatchers tell us crews will likely be on the scene for a while this morning.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway