SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - A Smyth County, Virginia man died after what the Sheriff's Office says was a logging accident on August 21.
They say it happened in the Camp section of the county.
They tell us a tree fell on top of a skidder and 53-year-old Gary Mathena, of Groseclose, was inside the cab of the skidder.
He died at the scene.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment