SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - A Smyth County, Virginia man died after what the Sheriff's Office says was a logging accident on August 21.
They say it happened in the Camp section of the county.
They tell us a tree fell on top of a skidder and 53-year-old Gary Mathena, of Groseclose, was inside the cab of the skidder.
He died at the scene.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect
- Southwest VA school gets national recognition