SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - Fire crews say two fires in two days are under investigation in Marion.
Both happened at 512 North Main Street below the junior high school.
The first happened Friday around noon when a mattress caught on fire.
The second happened Saturday around 3:00. Four people were taken to the hospital.
We're told an elderly man suffered severe burns and was flown to Wake Forest. Three other people were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
Fire crews tell us four people have been displaced in the fires.
Crews are still working to figure out what started the fires.
- New Pedestrian killed trying to cross interstate in Asheville
- Trial date set for Sullivan County man charged with child sex crimes
- Man sentenced after trying to bring meth to Lee County inmates
- Supreme Court may strike law barring sex offenders from social media
- Updated Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN