SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - Fire crews say two fires in two days are under investigation in Marion.
Both happened at 512 North Main Street below the junior high school.
The first happened Friday around noon when a mattress caught on fire.
The second happened Saturday around 3:00. Four people were taken to the hospital.
We're told an elderly man suffered severe burns and was flown to Wake Forest. Three other people were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
Fire crews tell us four people have been displaced in the fires.
Crews are still working to figure out what started the fires.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport