SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - Fire crews say two fires in two days are under investigation in Marion.
Both happened at 512 North Main Street below the junior high school.
The first happened Friday around noon when a mattress caught on fire.
The second happened Saturday around 3:00. Four people were taken to the hospital.
We're told an elderly man suffered severe burns and was flown to Wake Forest. Three other people were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
Fire crews tell us four people have been displaced in the fires.
Crews are still working to figure out what started the fires.
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- Updated Youth leaders in Bristol learn about tolerance
- Updated Grand jury set to hear case of man accused of sexual assault